Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi, monthly accommodation won't be as high as 1000 pounds. Even in London, staying in the hostels shouldn't cost more than 500 pounds. Andy hostels typically cost significantly more than private houses. I am from a Stat board and am going to Plymouth in UK to study hydrography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Hello,

I have been offered a scholarship by MOH to pursue a 1-year Masters in Biostatistics at a university in the UK. The problem is that the monthly stipend is only 1100 GBP (~2200 SGD), of which ~1000 GBP (~2000 SGD) goes to paying for accommodation and I'm left with 100 GBP as monthly expenses! This is clearly not as competitive as that of A*STAR/NUS overseas PHD scholarships' monthly stipend of 3200 SGD, on top of a separate allowance for accommodation.

I have heard from someone that the starting salary after the MOH Masters (whilst serving a 3 year bond for the 1 year Masters) is around 3.6K SGD. I'm not sure if there's increment. My ultimate aim is to get into a private pharmaceutical company such as Merck after the bond. Am I getting myself into a non-elite, "farmer" scholarship if I were to accept it? Please advise!