Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Choose to live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't agree at all. When the children grow up, they need to emulate parents that they respect. It may be fun for you when they are young to cuddle up in front of a TV, but when they grow up to be unsucessful or delinquent, it won't be that fun anymore. In short, you are having fun at their expense.

I worked hard and didn't see much of my children when they were young, but four out of my five children now work in my business and three of the five live with me under one roof, complete with their families and my grandchildren. I had to build a very large house to accomodate all of them. While they complained that I wasn't around when they were young, when they became teenagers, they realized my sacrifice to make our family wealthy and they have come to work in our business. When they started working for me, they realized even further how hard I had worked and the difficulties. It gives me great satisfaction to pass much of the management of the company to them now.
and the cycle continues with your kids missing out on their sons and daughters growing up.
somehow I feel you miss the gist of life if money becomes more important than living.