Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
really dog life or maybe worse than that. what is the point of living if you work like that? no wonder so many big 4 people behave like siaolang.

eat at desk? most people think you are siaolang if you do that in commercial .most people in commercial take 1 to 2 hours lunch break and maybe 15-20 mins toilet and tea break in the afternoon.

I realized that those who stay too long in big 4 are fake pretentious narcissists

some clients literally have bonuses based on number of audit adjustments--> wait until you kena those cb client who use cash basis instead of accrual basis and you can have like 40 AJEs or those lao auntie accounts clerk who don't even know why the numbers cannot tie.
Only siaolang will stay that long in audit and looking at my friends and families who did, I can confirm this stereotype is real. That's why I laugh when I hear clueless young ginnas say oh gen z and younger partners will bring changes. Just look around you lah, no short of people who suddenly change to love high resale prices after getting their bto keys.

some cash-basis clients even ask us to provide extensive explanation complete with screenshots like it's some academic dissertation even though they pull this nonsense every year. I seriously cannot believe the quality of accounting in SG and how pathetic big 4 here is to accept clients like that.

Oh and not to forget clients who use paper to record their GL. 2 big 4 clients. Haha. I quit the moment I got my senior title. Thank god last time job market for auditors was good during the border closure, I feel sorry for those who are seniors in 2023 and 2024 especially with the hiring freeze. You guys still can't extract tables from multi-page PDFs automatically because company too cheap to pay for latest version of software... and will continue to get pwned by fellow sinkies during election this year.