Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2023, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wah, sound quite bitter. But this is Singapore, we are a capitalist society. I think one of the things that Singapore govt failed really badly is keeping cost of living down, which will really drive up local wages since most of us needs to survive here. So there is a point that the JHK, with the 3.4 exchange rate, is probably in a better boat than many of us who are living in Singapore. But our inability to compete with others, is also part of our own problem i.e. we are simply not good enough, not delivering enough value vs our pay. So if employers can hire two JHK at the same pay as me and they can deliver more, then clearly the employer should do that. Employers are not charities. Actually, I agree that employers should throw out their workers when they outlive their usefulness, unfortunately, the labour laws in Singapore are not easy to do that. Many who feel entitled, would want employers to keep them and come up with 1001 reasons why. For this group, unless they own the issue, they may keep living in bitterness. To be clear, I am not saying that the other parties are without fault. I am more capitalist in nature and thinks the govt should do less, and posting in this topic, I am sure that many of you would disagree. But I have been brought up to never depend on others but myself.

Yesterday, a motorcyclist slipped on the expressway and i stopped my car to check if he was ok. Well, he only complained why nobody stopped to help him. Seeing that he was fine and not bleeding and had a lot of energy to complain, I drove off and I didn't even feel bad about doing so because it was quite clear to me that he didn't need, but expected help. How many of us reading this, belong to this group?

You know why I bitter or not. When I young that time working as junior engineer, those Lao lan senior JHK si Bei guai lan. Treat their fellow JHK good but damn guai lan to locals. For some reason the locals seniors never help the younger juniors. But I digress. So when I become senior myself I also si Bei guai lan towards JHK. I like to put their names up for weekend duties. Knn they dare complain to me and other JHK senior lor. But l never give chance. But 1 thing I did different was I always look out for the local juniors. And in turn they work hard for me. If companies continue to be captitalistic and expect low pay for high work experience. They can prepare to suffer. High turnover rate and they still want to pay entry level salary for 10 year exeprience. Who will do you tell me? More JHK. Then they come inside the company to kpkb about low pay. If companies want to throw out workers who become less productive as they age, they shouldn’t complain about people not wanting work for them.

About the motorcycle thing. If you dare to do is up to you. Just don’t let retribution get you.