Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Part-time Electronics Engineering degree
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not all engineers are lowly paid as many put it here. Engineers work in a wide spectrum of fields - design, application, field service etc.

To TS, you just need to be in the right industry. If your interests are in Electronics Engineering and already have a Diploma in that, go for the degree. Try offshore if you do not mind being away 4 weeks in a stretch (you get 4 weeks off after your stint). Electronics Engineers in this industry working on the semis, jack ups or drillships are in great demand due to the shortage of skilled people. Pays are easily in excess of US$12K per month. Alternatively, you may want to consider working on some companies specializing in offshore equipment. There is a Norwegian company, a market leader in supplying the DPS system (Digital Position System) for offshore vessels and rigs. Even service engineers who are shore based (but have to travel offshore to work on these system) are paid well.

All is not lost as an engineer. If you do get into business studies and work in a nice office with nice girls, what do you do with them? Get to screw them? Fat Hope!!
I agree all is not lost for engineers,I work with an offshore company and the white engineers are paid 1000 pounds per day or more on an oil rig,our local diploma boys are getting good positions in this sector which highest paid I have heard is S$1000 per day on an oil rig