Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
its funny seeing local U especially from NTU accountancy, working in audit, and have to OT just to compete with malaysians from tunku, sunway, multimedia, sunway universities.

Worst is if they are girls. they look so old due to the OT and coffee they consume.
Most have become mental due to the high stress and lack of sleep

Very likely they have bad social skills thats why they can't pass interviews
The good ones already have left big 4 for greener pastures.

dunno how they gonna get married in future
1) You just have to let go of that superiority complex where you think you are better than foreign universities cause in the general workforce nobody cares. NUS is 4 years and NTU is 3 years, but they are “on par” after graduation. This isn’t Suits where they hire exclusively from 1 school.

2) Yes you are right that audit is going to age you tremendously. The OT hours is no joke, and there is constant stress. I see some of my seniors skipping meals. Your 20s is precious and if don’t take care, will have repercussions in future. This is why the turnover is so high - their business model is one which expects you to grind and “suffer” a bit when you are younger, which many are now reluctant to do so.

3) Socials skills I see a mixed bag. We have some social butterflies and some pretty ones around so it’s not that bad. The good ones mostly leave - a small minority of the strong ones choose to stay and climb. Honestly if you’re not in the top 5% and see yourself gunning for the top, it’s ok to leave early.

4) Girls will have it easy to get married la, so long as they not choosy, this year alone I received so many red bombs.