Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2023, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I work in one of the FSG departments and I do not believe that all MAS officers are of good calibre.

Yes, I'm saying it out. There are some MAS officers that are simply not up to mark. Their brains are stuck in the old ways and they are incapable of handling new issues that occur.

A major problem with MAS officers is an extreme reluctance to use alternative sources of information to aid in decision-making. Apart from not knowing how to get such information, even if they do know how to, they are at risk of being called "extra" or even worse, get arrowed to do more work. The "psychological safety" that is important to success and that has been mentioned many times is not being implemented well.

Certain departments have become so ossified that it is nearly impossible to change any process there without the staff kicking up a fuss (and the bosses have to accommodate the incompetence of their staff).
You sound like a really frustrated FSG “boss” to publicly diss your colleagues or staff.

Do share then, examples of information sources that have been overlooked and, in your view, lead to incompetence and poor decision-making.

I came across a public LinkedIn post about MD Ravi Menon asking staff to love MAS and the people it serves. I agree. If you dare, approach your department head or AMD so it’s clear which department’s processes need to be relooked in your view. This assumes you have already heard out your staff on why those processes were established to begin with. Shouting out anonymously about FSG and hoping someone up there notices doesn’t really reflect well, especially to industry.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app