Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Single VS Double major/ Honours VS Masters
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM

fishbone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ironically, it's often hardly to complete a single major than a double. Because fulfillin a single major requires you to complete all the modules from that one major; even the ultra difficult ones. Whereas in a double major, you can choose all the easy ones form both majors and still complete the degree's requirements.

Having said that, a double major gives you more options with your career (I'm assuming that you will be choosing vastly different majors). To employers, it matters ZILCH!

Second question: Honours or masters?
Answer:
Do you plan to join the civil service? If yes, pursue 1st class honours. If no, don't bother. Honours has no value.

Masters also has little value if you have no work experience.
Wow thanks for the info about the double major being easier- I hadn't actually considered that before!
I suppose since you put it that way, having a double major that's too similar kind of defeats the purpose huh, i.e. comms and marketing majors.

Ah, I see. I guess it'd be better to take an honours so I don't close my door to working in the civil service huh. If the masters has little value at the start, how about later when I've been in my job for a while- will it aid promotion?