Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2023, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What does everyone think will be the future of audit in the next 5 years?

Personally, I think things won't improve and there'd be a complete focus on offshoring like they do in the US. Mediocre students will still be keen to join audit so companies will still get to sign off their FS without issues but the attractiveness of ex-auditors will probably nosedive. Partners still won't have the guts to rebut ACRA and will end up piling more useless work onto teams so hours will get worse, and there won't be an off-peak anymore except maybe 2-3 months and for first years (not sure about other firms but in ours, managers can only take leave in these 2 months and we have to take turns i.e. some of us only can take in May, some only can take in June). Deadlines kept getting pushed back so things that should have been signed long ago are being pushed to non-peak, plus non-FS teams are made to help out on FS jobs during their non-peak since you can't poach foreigners and there's no pipeline of FS auditors from mid tier.

For the short term, I just hope exit opps for auditors improve so that I can hop out.
who ask you so kumgong never hop out earlier? Best time to hop out is after promotion to S1. The firm will just hire jhk to replace those local seniors who resigned. let the jhk suffer while you enjoy your banking, fp&a job with better work life balance.Those who stay until s3 usually have difficulty hopping out cause your pay is too high and hiring managers think you stay too long in Audit and have zero commercial experience