Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Back then our documentations and regulations were much simpler so we actually had the time to learn business domain knowledge. A few of my batchmates even used it to help start a business in the industry they audited.

But it's not possible anymore these days due to the workload. When I hear my niece telling me about what auditors have todo these days, I feel that there is no way auditors have the time to learn anything useful these days, like you guys even have to work on engagements while doing audit training. I've even been asking around to help her leave but she will need to start from fresh grad level, in that case what is even the point of joining audit in the first place? You are even forbidden from opening bank accounts and buying stocks of companies you don't even work on.

Honestly the Big 4 in Singapore should just change their name to Poh Wan Cheng Pte Ltd and Kok Phua Mun Goh Pte Ltd since they seem to be no different from Chinaman firms.
pls dont insult chinaman firms. they dont make staff pay 300+ for company trip to batam. it's free ok and some even go to seoul and beijing