Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfreshgrad View Post
hello current or ex auditors!

im about to graduate and am looking for job. Currently have an offer from kpmg start $3.6k (heard from my friend he was offered 3.5k from EY). But of course I was thinking if Im going to exit audit next time, might as well straight join the industry right? Or should I unwillingly join audit to springboard to better roles in 1-2 yrs time? Currently not getting accepted for all those management associate programmes so abit sian (barely 2nd upper)

For context I will be going financial service so would joining Banks as entry level staff be better? (e.g. Treasury, AML, Credit, etc.)
They pay u 3.6k and expect u to work from 8am to 5pm (first shift), 6pm to 2am (second shift). Be ready! We currently lack seniors so you should expect 200% exposure as you will be leading jobs and meeting clients on your own. If u didnt have audit experience, your intern will outshine you as they have more to prove.

Dont cry when u have backlogs with your managers, your partners, your seniors, your clients breathing down your throat. for 3.6k is not worth it. There is no springboard by going to the big 4 because everyone else has big 4 experience (locally or malaysia). But u will do worst if u don't have that experience. So its a norm now. What you should do is to NEVER fall into the big 4 rat race, you should do something that isn't accounts