Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before?
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2023, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is similar to what I heard. Kinda a bit sian since HR keep pushing for me to join earlier. Thought maybe there was a chance increment is prorated but guess not. I had a colleague who is in the firm for around 7 years tell me her increment is high single digit every year though and this is not even including the 2021 hike. She might even be considered below average performer, joined as associate and still an associate, don't want to get promoted as not interested in leading a team. Surprised she is getting higher than the <5% I heard from the other colleagues. She only does BAU and never does projects so not sure why the difference too.

This is my first increment/bonus season so quite curious what will happen. Many experienced colleagues already say will leave if they get lesser than they expect so a bit worried for my own role as I am still learning and still quite reliant on the seniors for difficult issues.
A newly promoted VP in GS ops earns around 8-10k and can reach there in about 6 years from graduation. If you even that out, it is approximately 10% annual increment.