Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2023, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
tbh there's other roles that can do the same with better payoff (better wlb or better pay). but for people who finds exams difficult, audit is a good enough path as there's tons of headcount so they aren't fussy. (they're even taking non-accounting grads these days!)

If you're smart and resourceful, audit would be a waste. I've jumped elsewhere and found the work to be more fulfilling, better pay, and helped more in my skill and personal growth. Barely 1 year in, I already had to present to CEO and CFO directly and work on the problem from scratch and use tons of critical thinking. In audit, you always have to refer to some standards, whether it is software, audit, or accounting and the critical thinking is often just "how to cover this lobang".
Of course there is , but there is always uncertainty on payrise/ progression in outside conmercial world.

If you are confident you are elite, then you wont waste time in audit. , i had seen a lot cfo who dont even have/ minimal audit experience.

Audit is for someone who is average joe. Want decent and predictable career ( meaning, u know u sure can hit exceed 100k at 7/8th year in audit.

Audit is for someone who passionate to be practitioner
Audit is for someone who want stable . Decent and iron rice bowl

If you read alot AR, you will notice there are CFO who didnt start their career with audit.

In commercial world. U can only have one cfo at a listed co, but you can have more than one partner in audit firm.

I have seen a cfo at 39 who dont have big4 exp , but drawing $30k sgd with 3mil sgd bonus.) even more than some of SGX blue chip cfo remuneration)