Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MMed Fam Med Exam

Just wanna share some contentious stations.

1) ADHD/Absence seizure case: If you don't know that "daydreaming/staring into space" is linked with absence seizure then no matter how zai your hx taking is also cannot salvage. Plus if SP doesn't give chance and never prompt you then gg la.

2) The novomix/novorapid ethics case: Long CI to confuse you. In the end all one needed was a sharp eye. You don't spot this error you will never get the case. Good candidates also miss this. I'm sure some old examiner with cataract/refractive error will outright miss this too.

3) Knee pain case: At least half say early knee OA but some say its pfps. I thought XR got mild osteophytes and mild joint space narrowing. 45F can get pfps meh. If I told my ortho consultant this during my mopex days he will ask me to repeat posting please.

This kinda hit or miss stations damn scary. Doesn't test your clinical skills or management at an mmed level. Its whether you know or you don't know. Whether got eye or cock eye.

Sighs... Hoping for the best
1) i can understand why can fail. coz absence seizure need refer neurologist

3) does it matter OA or patella femoral syndrome? is the GP going to do knee replacement himself? both you also refer ortho which start physio first