Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2023, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You will be required to include your past two/three years’ work of what you have done in terms of how you helped in the PD of your colleagues. It can be level based or school wide initiatives. If your school has been giving you opportunities, it will be quite easy to build up your portfolio. My interview was in Term 3, was told to start preparing portfolio in Term 1. P needs to give input on your portfolio and may sit down with you to prep you for the interview. During interview, you might be asked questions about your portfolio, any pedagogy related questions and hypothetical questions.

Think twice before accepting this path as STs are often HOD’s PA and nothing more.
I'm in a dilemma which is sort of related here.

Although I have voiced out interest in climbing the leadership track, the school keeps pushing me towards ST related initiatives and opportunities. They didn't specifically say so but I can see it in the nature of the courses I'm being pushed for, and the projects I'm made to be in charge of. My RO also hinted on why I'm not interested in the ST route.

Deep down I know the real reasons why this is sort of happening. My RO has been sitting on the leadership position that I'm climbing towards. The school also lack STs in my IP area. Current and prospective KPs are also very saturated with scholars (may or may not be high performing, but since they got the scholar status...)

I have tried applying for transfers out, but everyone including the SLs kept persuading me to stay. I also know that I will be blocked from transferring because my department is extremely shorthanded.

At the same time I'm trying my best not to sound impolite or arrogant since the school is indeed offering me career progression opportunities.

Not sure of how to navigate this.