Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Is 5K expected salary low, high or reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2012, 04:49 PM

erose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecce View Post
Hi, to be specific, I worked in the animation industry. It is hard to earn above 3k in this industry unless you work for MNC or hold a supervisory position in a local company. Even if you do, chances are you have to slog quite hard and with very limited benefits, no bonus and little pay increment. So 4.5k is actually considered a lot more than what I used to earn when I was working in the industry.
Lol, what a coincidence. I am discussing about the same thing in another thread below yours. Is career progression in the local animation industry really difficult? I've just returned from overseas, and I'm really quite dismayed at the undervaluing of animators and artists in general here.

If it is possible, could you share the name of school that you just accepted the offer at? I am considering switching to teaching sometime in the future too. I understand that you may want to keep it confidential, so don't worry about it if you can't.

Much appreciated!