Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Experienced server programmer needed (ringtones)
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Verified Member

xtrasaver is on a distinguished road
Default Experienced server programmer needed (ringtones)

Hi, we are looking for an experienced server programmer to configure 'call tones' with telcos.

I'm not very experienced with these technical stuff, but as a background information, the 'call tones' are those you will hear when you call someone on the phone and instead of hearing the 'ring ring', you will hear songs. Another way of putting is 'bye bye ringtones.' Sorry if I'm sounding so layman.

We need a computer person who knows how to set up server and programs to download the 'bye bye ringtones' to the end user's phone.

Please note that it's not the ringtone which you hear when you put the phone on the table and it rings. Instead, it's the call tone when you call someone on the phone.

This person needs to tie up with the telcos and have the know how about it, in terms of computer knowledge. And he should be able to know how to audit the number of downloads done by the subscriber so that we can charge the telco accordingly.

We will supply the hardware such as servers, computers, air tickets, etc. This person only need to provide the software. And it's not easy to find such experienced person.

Just for information, this venture is not with our local telco such as M1, Singtel, etc... but with another country which has just begun to open up. And we have just obtained the license to operate in that country. Currently, we are the first company to obtain the license. But going forward, not sure how many other companies will also successfully applied for this license.

Only experienced server programmers needed as .... .while we have obtained the license just recently, we are not very experienced in these IT things.

Please also note that once we embarked on this project, there's no turning back as the company will be forking out the hardware and machines, etc.

Feel free to contact me.

Thank you.