Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NTU Computer Science Starting pay?
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2012, 04:06 PM

normalguy is on a distinguished road
Default NTU Computer Science Starting pay?

Hi, I am going to be graduating from NTU Computer Science in a few months.

I would like to know how much I should be asking for as a fresh graduate with 0 zero experience. I don't think it adds much value, but I am also a Sun Certified Java Programmer (very easy to get outdated cert...).

Basically abit about me, I am Singaporean, and I don't think I will be getting any honours, just a pass degree. I am looking to be a Software Engineer. I am not the kind of guy that can remember everything or even anything... I have learned during the course of study, so I am kind of a google all the way person (I assume most people are... right?). I basically know Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, HTML, JavaScript, SQL, little bit of PHP. I have never set up a server, did real networking or maintain any big databases before (they don't teach these stuff in school, and I have no experience, how would I know?).

So yeah, I am kinda like a fresh sheet of paper. I am hoping to ask for at least 2.8k to 3k. All of my peers are asking 3k++ Many outsiders tell me that I should be asking for only 2.5k and 2.6k max because of many competing foreign talents holding masters and only ask for 2k...

But I really don't want to undervalue myself and I tend to do that a lot, so what range should be I looking at?