Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys,

I'm seeking some advice and insights from those with experience in the public sector. I've been with my current agency for nearly 2 years, located at western part of sg and the reality of the workload has been quite different from what I initially gathered from the job description on career@gov.

Currently, my days are consumed by a continuous stream of emails, which doesn't align with the sense of purpose and value I was hoping to find in my work. I'm looking for sbs that offers both a fulfilling sense of purpose in the work I do, as well as a reasonable workload that allows for a healthy work-life balance.

Could anyone suggest which sb/min that they believe prioritize value in the work, effective management, and maintain a good work-life balance?
I would recommend that you apply for DXO positions that directly deals with daily operations. it will be fast paced, dynamic and you can feel value that you are contributing to 24/7 national defence. workload is still reasonable, dont really have to OT, 8-5 job. Can choose Navy or Airforce. Army abit more less stress as mostly is training, while the other 2 is doing defence operations 24/7.