Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2023, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi! SLs spoke to me recently and told me they want to offer me SH(Internal) but he hasn’t like confirmed which area because they need to speak to others first. But I get the rough sensing that I’ll be working closely with my new HOD whom I hate working with. If I were to take up SH(Internal), must I stay in the school for another 2 years? Cos I’ve intention to leave after next year.

Some context, I’m GEO3, got promoted in 2021. So I thought I’m too “immature” to be promoted.
Internal appointment doesn't require you to stay for 2 years. Anyway, if you asked me 5 years ago I'd advise NEVER to take up an internal appointment, because it is just pure, thankless suffering.. especially at GEO3. Drawing entry-level pay to do half of a KP's job.. wtf?

But nowadays it seems like internal appointments are the new trend and some SLs seem to have grown thick enough skulls to make it a requirement to serve some years in the internal appointment before even considering putting you up for interview. So maybe cannot siam already.