Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I just went for an interview last week for an AM role (not sure it is which DX rank) and got a verbal offer from the hiring unit. But after reading the thread here about the long waiting time, I am getting despondent. Though it is only a week, I have not heard anything from HR to submit any documents nor security clearance. The hiring unit told me they needed the person to come in quickly though. Will HR delay the process when the role needs to be urgently filled? Should I also be the gan chiong applicant and ask the hiring manager for an update?
hey don't worry, im sure they are more gan chiong than you because they are aware that the long hiring process can be a deterrence to hiring new candidates because candidates may drop out any time to accept offers that come in earlier. If the unit gave you a verbal offer I think the chances are quite high that they are keen on you so the unit will likely also work with HR to expedite the process!

As for when and whether you shld reach out, I think you may wish to give HR about 1-2 weeks before contacting you for the necessary submissions (documents, g50 etc.). Maybe the hiring process is ongoing and they're still screening for other candidates too. But yeah to address ur concerns it's hard to supersede the administrative process. Wait a bit more! If by 2 weeks time HR don't reach out, you drop them an email and check on the process! Update us