Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's a reason why big 4 assocs move to JLV/FLA firms. They really are getting a foothold/presence in Singapore with more cross-border (and therefore higher-paying) work. Many of these firms also are expanding as they have the resources to do so, unlike the big 4 who have eager graduates applying to them each year and who churn in fresh meat with each new batch of grads.

Also, should probably dispell the notion that just because people start off or move into a big 4 that you will automatically be able to lateral into a JLV/FLA firm. While it does help, there's a reason why people stay in big 4 and not jump elsewhere - the threshold to get in is high.
Thanks, this was very informative.

One thing that I’m not sure, and I’m hoping for someone to share is whether it’s worthwhile to stay till SP.

A friend was saying as a 5PQE assoc in big 4 Corp that she’s waiting to hit SP, but she wasn’t keen on sharing whether the international firms are approaching her.

So I was just wondering if they’re not impressed by her, or she’s not looking to move, or probably both?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app