Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is not true. I just received an offer from my ops HR last week. (One of the r4 taking exam this November)

They told us both the offers if we pass or don't pass mmed
If pass, mmed fp total is around 180k/year including the young fp bonus of 50k paid over 3 years.
If fail, rp pay is around 130k/year. Obviously no fp bonus.

I reckon your pay will stay around 180-200k per year for next 3 years. (You have yearly increment, but your young fp bonus ends after 3 years, so I think your annual package will be around the same until you clear fellowship or get promoted to AC. Getting increasingly hard to get AC nowadays without fellowship- may need to wait longer)

ALL my anchor gp friends earn more than 200k, (ard 200-250) but I accept they have to either work 1-2 nights a week. (Most work half day sat and don't work sun)

So I think the mmed pay higher in ops rhetoric is a myth (maybe after 5 years in service when one gets AC, but definitely not a fresh mmeder)

I am not saying that ops is not good, and I recognize there are some things in public that private can never offer (teaching, research, more leave/mc etc) but we have to be factual and objective when it comes to pay.
You which cluster?
Mine rp not even 120k pa
But m.med 1st year out is 200k.
3 years confirm ac unless u screw up
Then should see 220 to 240k depending on how well u do.
C another 3 to 4 years but need fellowship and publish 3 paper