Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - GovTech
Thread: GovTech
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure if the org chart is updated. But it was created quite recently. The indeed people in govtech know that other people within don't like them because of how they were let in. It's essentially an expensive welfare plan.
Just want to emphasize that the indeed people did nothing wrong, I think most of us would have taken up that offer.

It is how the management handled it which doesn't sit well with me at all. Justifying skipping basic hiring processes like imterviews cos they were in a rush, being hypocritical by telling us and others that our compensations are benchmarked based on competencies but matching their high salaries without any assessment, giving them high grades to match their salaries while internally we have to wrangle with all sorts of promotion requirements, talking about how this was a strategic move but it looks like they were still figuring out what to do with them after the actual hiring.

Maybe it all sounds like the usual rant of external hiring vs internal promotions, but 60 people at one shot and some without interviews? I don't see why this kind of special treatment was given just because they were "lucky" enough to be laid off from indeed, and not all the other big tech companies who also did mass layoffs.