Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 PM

shaz is on a distinguished road

Not surprised that starting pay has risen a bit since I joined Civil Service in Aug 2007.

Back then, I had already worked for about 2 years in a Stat Board before joining Ministry as a MX13 at $3050/mth. Thought it was ok then as I only had a pass degree from Aussie uni. I took a peek at a fresh grad's offer (with honours) from local Uni and he got $2800. Think fresh honours grads these days are earning around $3000-$3500.

For me, I got my MX12 in 2008 and then MX11 in 2011. By the way, it's pretty common for officers who are less than 30 years old and have gotten their MX11 after 3-5 years of service. Their pay is more or less than mine which is about $5000-$5800. As what some forumers have mentioned, the salary figures are not that wide-ranging.

Please bear in mine that MX officers are generalist. Meaning, you pick up the necessary skills as you work. I've had 3 postings in 4 years and will be posted again in 2-3 months time. Most will not have my kind of journey but there are always exception if you know the system well enough