Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol.
Firstly, the job market is so bad right now. i know this is just an excuse for me but oh well im still trying to get better offers.

Personally, i dont like IB, even though they are highly paid, the working hours are bad too. And the slots are limited. Tried for their interview and i hate the cases so i know i hate the job.

Banks jobs. It is possible to get off 5.30pm. But not all departments They progression is slower, but higher starting pay. Bank exit opportunities is still banks. It is possible to jump to outside of banks, but harder.

Yes, i did considered government jobs. Their worklife balance is great. I am applying now already. Didn't consider government job initially because of the slow progression and poor exit opportunities. Exit ops prolly another government agency. Hard to climb and very hierarchical. but now i feel worklife balance is more impt than all these progression, hence i applied and waiting for offer.

Not all big4 positions are bad. I know audit is bad. But advisory is okok only. If u go deals / strategic - pay is higher but work life is worst too. Big4 no doubt has a better exit ops.
But u have to work with a lot of JHK and they are incompetent. I experienced it and hate them so im jumping out soon.

Tech companies? HAHAHA not all tech are good. If u are talking about google, then dont bother because it is hard to go in. How about shopee? it is damn bad lol. They do not have hybrid working style and have to OT for finance department. it is so bad. no no. The pay is only $500 higher than big4 only. while now in big4 i only go office once a week.
why need progression if audit pay will never exceed high bank pay anyway