Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Interview Request for Current Payslip - should give?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecce View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I have applied for the company that I am going for interview, earlier than the current one where I am working at. So, it is actually among my first choice. Unfortunately, it didn't get back to me untill more than 2 months later. So I have chosen to take up an offer from my current company, even though it is not my first choice. It makes sense for me to do that, rather then just sit around and wait without a job.

So now that the opportunity arises for me to have an interview with this company, I don't think I should let it pass. Given this situation, I don't think I will "look bad" to the potential employer if I explain this to them... agree?
The best thing you can do out of this bad situation is to say after joining a few months you find the job very different from what was described to you during interview. Then cite a few "examples" to illustrate ur pt.

Base on what you say, if you honestly tell them what happen they will write you off immediately. This reflect extremely bad on you, basically ur telling them you will sign the first contract that comes along and run road the moment another better contract comes. The next thing they will assume is what's there to stop you from running again if next month another of your interviewed company offer you a job?