Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2023, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am a fresh grad starting my job in gov soon.

I understand that most civil servants are under the MX scheme.

Couldn't find much info other than unofficial salary range for the different levels.

For most fresh grads they start at MX13.

My question is:
1. Within the grades e.g. MX 13, MX 12, are there different levels?
2. Will I have access to my grade or know where I am? So I can guage my level.
3. Can a person be stuck on a particular grade for a prolonged period of time? If so, what if your salary goes last the pay range for a particular grade?
4. On average how long does it take to promote to the next grade, or is this mainly performance based?
5. In different jobs e.g. if you are an engineer, how does it work? My understanding is that mx11 onwards is sort of like management level or deputy director. Is there a deputy director Engineer? Or is it interchangable with e.g. senior engineer
6. How different is the Tech and Engineering scheme from the normal MX scheme?
1. MX 13 and 12 there is a range, no sub-grade. MX 11 there is 11 and 11A (AD & SAD)
2. When you receive your appointment letter, you will see your gross monthly salary and the breakdown, and the range of your current grade. You will be able to gauge how far you are from your ceiling within your current grade.
3. Yes. If you really get stuck for that long, you should consider alternate career choices or look for another position in another agency/ministry.
4. Years of service and performance are taken into consideration. Your education qualifications are also taken into consideration, so be sure to update your HRP profile.
5. Across ministries, titles may be the same but the seniority and grade may be different. Don't need to care too much about your title, care more about your grade and CEP.
7. I am assuming you are talking about grades in agencies like DSTA or HTX where they run on the E1 to E8 rank system. I don't have too much information, but I think E3 is the equivalent of a SAD/DD if I remember correctly.

Don't need to think too much for now, learn as much as you can and do a good job, progression should come with good performance. Hope this helps.