Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Standard Chartered - Salary Negotation
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan001 View Post
Hi All

I just received message from SC saying that I passed all interviews. HM said HR will begin internal approvals for the offer and if everything OK then they will issue offer. I haven't discussed anything about comp yet but as part of approval process HR have asked for past payslips.

Anyone been through a negotiation with SC lately and how did it go?

Do they take your prior salary and base their offer on an x% uplift? How much uplift did they offer? And how much higher was your counter offer that they accepted?

Also, they said HR will be issuing the offer. Is the negotiation with HR or the hiring manager?

Thanks
What field/role in SCB are you being offered? Also, are you new to banking?

Per market practice across banking in SG in general, they’d offer a bump from your current salary which explains why HR is asking for payslips. General pay increment is 15-25%. Market isn’t great now and employers have the higher bargaining power than candidates in today’s tight labour market, so use this piece of info wisely in your salary negos. SCB does also have a “target bonus” which would also form part of the offer. As with all (or most large banks), salary negotiations are with the HR, and HR may have their own internal discussions if required.