Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you got D grade that year, you would not have received the CONNECT deposit for that year (only). This means that the total balance in your CONNECT account will be lower than that of your peers who did not receive any D grades.

You will still receive your year 4 payout as long as you don't get another adverse grade.

The total sum of money paid out over the 30 years of your CONNECT plan will be lower (by one year's worth of deposit) than that of your peers who did not receive any D grades.
Hi OP of this post here. Only just checked for replies. For context, I received a D grade in 2020 during my first year of clearing practicum. Reply here mentioned that I will not get that year's deposit.

However, I've heard that 1st year after practicum does not qualify for CONNECT as it is "not a full year" (only cleared practicum in March). Is this true? Does this mean that I did not lose out on any payments? My CONNECT statements show deposits for 2021 and 2022, but not 2020, not sure if this was supposed to be or due to my D grade.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.