Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m with one of the Big 4. Not fantastic grades but managed to get in (was from NTU).
Sometimes feel internally imbalanced because of the amount of foreigners in the firm, honestly feeling depressed as days goes by cos I don’t find what I do meaningful and also accounting a little hard to grasp. Currently taking SCAQ for the sake of it.

Anyone can advise what industry I can break into? Just an associate, but regretted not studying hard enough to stand a chance into big consulting firms and bulge banks.

Any form of advice is appreciated thank you!
Cant find the thing meaningful and ppl around dunno what they doing plus even with poor quality standard of work being delivered u still can get promoted. AS LONG YOU STAY.

Its very common. The sad thing is ntu can get ca sg by working 3 yrs in the past. Now you have to take scaq, ie same as doing your degree all over again. But now they can exempt 3 papers (even they know not a lot local grads interested or no more local doing accountancy lol).

Always keep yourself open, ie. Constantly look for job during ur grind in b4 and scaq. Also rmb, u just need to stay (and give up your meaningful life for a few years).