Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Growth Opportunities in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 03:51 AM

sg- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Career Growth Opportunities in Singapore

Hi folks!

I'm currently working as a Cloud Architect in Switzerland and looking for career growth opportunities in Asia (preferably Singapore because of English speaking working environment). My main motivation is to life for some time in another country and working in a more fast-paced environment.

I've around 8 years of work experience in IT and hold a Bachelor in Computer Science. My experience:

- 2.5 years as a Cloud Infrastructure Architect (Consultant) at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
-2.5 years as a Cloud DevOps Engineer (GCP, Kubernetes, some programming) at a Fortune 500 insurance company
-3 years as a System Engineer (some networking and linux) at a rather small local company

Unfortunately internal transfer is not an option. Hence I tried to apply for jobs directly but just received rejections.

Before I continue it would be great to hear your experience and stories. Preferably from people who also tried to apply from outside of Singapore.

Would be great to get some answers to the following questions.

1) After some research I found out that companies in SG are restricted by quotas which limits the number of foreign workers they can hire per year. Is it even possible to get hired form outside of SG with my experience and background?

2) What would be an estimated salary I could expect for a Cloud Engineer/Architect or DevOps role based on my experience and background?

Would be really nice to get some insights!