Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Tech bros...how is your market outlook for this year
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How old are you?

When young and little financial commitments, no mortgage or kids to put in school, joining a start-up is worthwhile to clock hands on experience in project and people management, and due to good upside potential.

Once you're in your 30s with responsibilities, consider settling down into management track in some stable big tech firm. Don't rock the boat career wise.
Awful advice.

Tech startups are notorious for poor engineering practices, low-ball pay and awful code quality. I'm not sure if you've worked in tech startups before, I have worked in 3 different AI startups before, so did many of my friends in other startup fields, crypto startups etc.

They were all awful. A quick google and you can find many bad reviews about them too. Most of the startup companies in Singapore are rated very poorly.

OP I strongly advice against joining tech startups.

People join FAANG to further their careers and work hard in those companies in their early years. If you can't join FAANG, next best bet is F500 companies.

This forum really needs a moderation system, misleading posts like this are very harmful to tech fresh grads and freshers looking to get into the market.

Please do some reflection, thanks.