Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2023, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it worth quitting my medical training for Law School?

Currently a 30 year old Singaporean, working as a CT2 core psychiatry trainee doctor in Yorkshire UK , pay conditions are deplorable and colleagues are leaving for other fields. Still have another 1 more year of core training plus 3 more years of higher speciality training, to be fully qualified as a consultant psychiatrist.

Should I just quit my psychiatry training and apply to law schools such as Durham and UCL?
Absolutely not.

There are too many lawyers in Singapore. The volume of interest in this thread versus others is already an indicator.

If you quit now, you still need to struggle through 3 years of law school, bar exams (no guarantee of passing), secure traineeship and get retained. By the time you can think about climbing corporate ladder, you will be in your mid 30s, competing with trainees 10 years younger n without burden of other commitments.

Mental health, on the other hand, is a woke topic that has increased in trendiness especially recently.

Since youre almost done with your core training, just press on. Learn basic invest with the low pay, if you can.