Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2023, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Stay put or move

Hi,

Just received a verbal offer from a stat board for a lower grade (DPM instead of M) and was given the following options:
A) movement policy: same salary as my current salary in the ministry. (Already hit salary ceiling so cannot offer more)
b) fresh hire policy: slight increment in monthly salary and an overall 9% in total package (about 15 to 16 months package). However, No of years in civil service will not be retained.
Benefits wise slightly better in terms of quantum for medical, dental benefits and there is also flexi benefit given.
Both options require 6 mths probation followed by 3 years contract on a renewal basis.
Reason for wanting to leave coz Im stuck and hit salary ceiling already plus I wanted a change. However, I知 also hesitating as I have been in the current ministry for 8 years and my colleagues are very nice, so Im not sure if my potential new colleagues will be just as nice. Further, Im just short of 1 B for promotion and my incumbent RO told me to stay put as I知 most likely to get promoted next year and it will be a waste of my effort if I leave before getting promoted

Hence, I知 in a dilemma as I知 not sure if I should accept as the new co is willing to accept me though I知 in a totally different field and experience r only a little relevant. I知 also not sure if I can find another offer should I decide to stay and only leave after getting promoted.
At the same time, I知 worried that I will make a wrong decision by leaving now since I知 most likely due for promotion.
For advice, pls. thank you.