Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not greedy but for a banker our total compensation is about 50-50 base pay versus bonus. So we don't consider bonus really as a bonus but rather part of the package.

If they cut our bonuses it is like we are getting a pay cut.

Think somehere along the lines of xxx,xxx becomes xx,xxx. It is really a WTF feeling and you don't feel like working anymore. .

In good times, this is like a slap in the face and any good banker with a sense of pride will resign. But times are so bad you just have to swallow the pride. But really ... WTF! I can't even share this with my family. So embarrassing and feels like a let down.

So.. my only outlet is this forum.

Eventhough it is s***, I have to mantain my lifestyle to keep status quo. Last I want is people I know to find out. Like a fall down from grace..

Sigh

Well, bankers have been overpaid all these years thanks to the US big finance firms that started the trend. So you got 20k onus this year? That's still very good, cos it means your base is 200k, which is already multiple times more than a typical engineer who probably adds more real value to the economy than bankers.