Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no, while i left fairly early as an A1, taking a pay cut by moving into finance, it eventually paid off, as i doubled my salary within a year. while i can't speak for all former auditors, i would say that once you actually move to industry, you really know what you do and actually have subject mastery of the business.
while being a partner is indeed cushy, i do worry when fellow 22-28 year olds audit large institutions and have absolutely no knowledge of what are the risk factors. even the managers themselves, experienced from an audit perspective, hold not much knowledge of the business, sometimes i wonder if this is a fact that even they themselves know.
just look at all the collapses over the past 5 years and the supposed role of auditors...
i, for one, prefer to earn money making an honest living.
(on a side note, carrying the audit work ethic to your new workplace does wonders professionally, and in months, as you tone it down, you'll be ready to enjoy that desired wlb)
This is a good attitude except for the fact that most people do not care about higher order values like the role of auditors and service excellence to client. Most people only see the client as a money printer and live engagement by engagement. Those aspiring to be partners care more about climbing the pole than what they can do for the client. Same with people who already made partner. It's a tough sell to appeal to higher order values.

You think the average jhk who comes to Singapore to work in B4 for 3 x salary cares about being familiar with the client's business so that they can provide good value?