Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you for your input. It is heartening to know that you enjoyed the experience. Did it require a lot of time away from work? Just wondering. Thanks again
Hi again, I’m the one who replied going for FLP. You may not have realized it yet, but the FLP is a 10-year programme. That’s the runway and timespan the Ministry is prepared to groom you to become a leader in Education. The course itself is 2 weeks long, which you will be officially excused from school. Post-course, you will be given the relevant opportunities throughout your career for exposure to different parts of MOE (e.g., HQ posting, staffing of POH’s visits, etc) as well as the Civil Service at large. You will also receive an allowance annually during your time in FLP. This is to account for the additional stretch portfolio you will be given.

I am assuming that you are currently still a relatively young EO in service, who has clearly shown a lot of potential to be a future leader. I will strongly suggest that you speak with your school Principal to find out more about the programme. As this is a very rare opportunity only given to a very selected small group each year, most of your colleagues in school would not know or even heard of FLP.

Hope this helps! And all the best!