Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career advise
Thread: Career advise
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernolord View Post
I have been in the finance industry for over 18yrs. I have been very focus on one sector ie. funds selection and investments.
Currently working as a PM for a SFO for 3yrs. Prior to that was a PM for a small institutional for a numbers of years. Was a analyst for big SWF for years as well.

Sound all good, but the problem is i not been well compensated for staying so long with these firms. infact my pay now is close to 10k for a PM and I managed a small team of analysts. My pay have been progressive... ie. small increment leading to now.

Probably the problem is i do not come from a good uni, neither i have CFA. I am really bad in my studies but i love maths, i love running numbers.

Somehow i feel stuck at my situation. i cant go to banks and big asset mgmt due to my lack of "cert". I been sending 50 over job applications, some feel that i am not senior enough while others feel that i am over qualified. Irony.

Staying at my SFO, i knew i just helping them to grow their assets but i am not compensated even my fund make money.. just another salaried man.

Recently an offer came to me, they offer a market rate for compliance dd, which is attractive but i will give up my role as pm and my team. A higher pay but junior functional role. haiz. i not sure if that the right path.

feeling really lost now...
How much is the increment? Will it be worthy than job hop? If it is 15K, yes, go get it!