Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't know enough about typical structure to know for sure, but is this statement accurate? It seems to imply the majority of officers in other ministries are ADs or higher (which I suspect is probably untrue).

If you're comparing faster climbers, then should it be pegged against GEO5/SEO1 instead?

And if you're using HOTs for comparison, should GEO5/GEO5A ceiling be benchmarked against SM at most? Think AD would have a fair amount of managerial duties that HOTs have zero interest in.
Comparing pace of normal, non-scholar farmers. Excluded the scholars, because they have accelerated promotion.

In many ministries, grads start out immediately with the title of manager. They may be a single-contributor, or manage non-grads, e.g. dip-holder executives.
Manager MX13,MX12 > senior manager MX 11> assistant director MX11A
Next time you liaise with other ministries for school events, go and observe the seniority and age of their officers.

As for MOE, think you can see for yourself when officers move to HQ. SHs are senior managers, HODs are ADs. VPs are DDs, and Ps are Ds.

Which track is faster, I think everyone can see for themselves.