Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh yes, and I joined a large chain the last year or so as I am now on conditional license. When Covid hit, it triggered a lot of post traumatic stress for me and I had a breakdown and couldn't work. Hence, I didn't work from 2020 to 2021. Only after vaccinations and things are safer did I go back to work.
Sorry to hear that.
I have also had breakdowns before and could not work.
One of the things I find woeful in medicine is that there is no real support network among drs.
When a doctor has a breakdown the profession makes everyone feel and think there is something "wrong" with that doctor.
No one wants to talk about it.
Also before you breakdown there are always warning signs. No one goes from mentally well to breakdown the next day. But no one wants to reveal their "dark secrets".
I have always hoped there could be some support network for doctors in distress. Support each other. Know that you are not alone.
We do it for patients. But we dont for our own colleagues. In fact there is a duty to report a colleague if they are Alcoholic or turning to drugs.
It is a horrible profession when it comes to taking care of each other.
Glad to hear you are doing better.
For the little money we earn, the lack of appreciation from everywhere, the difficult work dealing with people, it really isn't worth it.