Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2023, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, saw many posts regarding whether open postings can be denied or not. i believe colleagues here are stating “facts” based on their personal experience and what they saw in their schools.

would like to share mine. up till last year june(13 yrs in service), i also thought releasing schools can only delay the posting of a teacher if he/she accepts an offer from another school. however, one of my colleagues had her posting cancelled after HR stepped in due to manpower allocation policy thus changing my understanding of how the system works. My P as the releasing school, did not make any request to HR to deny the posting, so i guess HR have some guidelines to adhere to. not many cases, but it exists.
Been reading and just want to comment. Both are true. It is indeed the case that the releasing school can delay but cannot effectively stop but subjected to approval from HR. In this case, HR stepped in as there is “school needs.” Hence, remember colleagues, nothing is confirmed until HR hands you the posting order.