Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

It might be the school itself that is toxic and nothing to do with cross level deployment. Usually it’s because the existing staff feels threatened by your presence. Anw, if you are consistently a B or C+ teacher in secondary sch, it’s very difficult for the pri sch to give you C- or D. Of course for every incident, you must fight for yourself and use black and white (email) to keep a record. This is very impt in govt service. Tell supt if your SLs don’t intervene those toxic behaviours.

If you are really keen in cross level deployment, try another sch. There are many good pri schools with good environment. U are just unlucky to be in a toxic sch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sec to Pri.

Sec and pri are 2 completely different systems with different sets of norms. Those who come from the secondary side will never understand why at Primary 6, the students cannot go up to class on their own but in less than a month’s time when they enter sec 1, suddenly they can. If your students don’t file their work or do corrections deemed acceptable by the department, the teacher is at fault. You can be a Maths teacher but the HOD of EL can come in to “advice” you that it perhaps you can try to write bigger as she walked past and due to the angle, she could not really make up what I was writing. When you think it is developmental, your RO will come in hard and inform you “a teacher whom I cannot name has indicated that the person is upset with your teaching and has reported you to the VP that you there are gross oversight in pedagogy.” These manufactured “evidence” are happening on a daily basis and I am only listing just one of the common ones. I was an award winning teacher in my time as a secondary teacher and seriously, I can’t be described as that bad - “worse than NIE trainee and requires constant monitoring” as they have pointed out.

So enough is enough. I am not going to be a victim of gaslighting at work. The experience left a deep scar and affected my mental well-being.