Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2023, 03:20 PM

youngbeing123 is on a distinguished road
Default Arrogant attitude of better performing teachers on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The point you're making (but also missing), is that in public forums like these, there will be survivor bias. The good performers are definitely the ones who like to compare more, to gauge their own performance.

But there are also those who are planning to throw letter etc after PB.

There are also those who did a lot, took a lot of arrows, but the PB didn't match their time and efforts.

I can be just a GEO4 who did school wide impactful projects, but only got a grade C with 1.5 quantum. I know perhaps any template reason can be used by KPs or SLs to justify, so there's probably no point comparing or wondering why too.
My title says it all. Esp those criticizing against GEO5 who dont do enough by ppl hell bent on climbing. As if its possible for ALL teachers to climb. This ranking **** is a zero sum game and inadvertently demoralizes the average performer who is doing the real job of educating ppl.
KPs get off loaded from normal classes etc. mark less etc. aren't the normal teachers the one who gets the real work done? See what happens if all teachers become ambitious and start doing all the school planning work, and dont give enugh time and attention to individual kids. See what parents will say.
For now i hope that parents of kids being taught by these ambitious teachers complain against them