Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much do fresh uni grads (electrical engineers) earn, & how much 5-10 years later?
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There have been numerous research studies backed by HR consultancies on pay and many have been quoted on this forum. They largely say what many people who share online are getting. The problem is that when people see it is higher than what they are, most get very defensive & start to rationalize by either declaring that it’s all just outlier values or claim that it’s a conspiracy by consultants to generate business.

Same thing you see with the high salaries that NUS/NTU/SMU publish about what their alumni are getting, they usually get a lot of flack by people who are not doing as well for being elitist, bias to promote their reputation etc. For me it’s very simple, my social circle, data from consultancies & my alumni all corroborate, so it makes no sense for me to doubt that somehow numbers are being fudged by multiple parties at the same time consistently.

I also have friends who’s career have tanked and done poorly pay wise, they usually start to bitch about their employer, FT, gov, colleagues during our kopi session. Although my pay is much higher than them, I lend them a listening ear and make non-committal agreements just to allow them to let off some steam as a friend. For all you know, I might become one of the “social circle” of the so called low paid crowd. Go for hard data, not hearsay, your friends could be agreeing with you or acting poor just to be empathic.
Can you point us to some reliable data please?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app