Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 12:16 AM
Unregistered-teacher2023

Default AYH or SH

Hi forum readers,

I would like to seek some advice regarding the roles. I have been exploring about the role of AYH and Subject Head. Been thinking of having the discussion with my RO as I was recently ask if I would be keen to step up to a KP role.

There seemed to be some sort of a hint as my RO asked me whether I would be keen as an AYH or being a SH (Chemistry).

I am hoping to gain some insights from you guys to find out if anyone is able to share how is the role like? The nature of both roles are quite different from what I observed in my school:

AYH deals with student development, work closely with form teachers and also handles students “cases” beyond academics.

SH deals with mainly subject matter, work with department teachers, coordinate resources and planning of the subjects.

What I am curious about is the “relative workload”, as AYH and SH are pitched equally (am i right to say that?).

It’s going to be my first time holding a portfolio like this, while i am excited about both roles, I am also worried and been contemplating what role would I be able to contribute better.

Appreciate if anyone has any insights to share.