Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2023, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't generalize that compliance professionals outearn FO professionals, work on your comprehension skills instead of embarrassing yourself.

Two things - there are various roles in the front office, not all FO roles are high paid with stellar progression. People who generalize about FOs typically have no idea what they're referring to, they're just operating under some vague assumption that client facing = good. ARMs for instance, are part of FO but their pay and progression is not great.

The fact that you think FO is by default superior to other roles within a bank is a sign that you don't have much work experience. I myself know several seasoned compliance professionals who outearn FO staff with similar experience. FO staff is viewed as highly expendable and don't command the sort of salary that you think they do.
That's 100% accurate. I'm in a local bank with 3 years of compliance experience and drawing 120k annual base salary. My VP base for last year was more than 250k. Compliance is the best department, screw FO.