Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2023, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When I was in foreign banks, my bonus was poor. 1-2 months. Increment was negligible too. 1-3%. 1 year I got 0 increment. When I am in local bank, my bonus as a support function ie cost centre was between 3-6 months. This year, all local banks did very well. I got around 5-6 months bonus. During my time in local bank, there were pay adjustments. My pay was revised upwards by more than 30% in less than 3 years.

Many people online love to mock UOB, OCBC and DBS. Is about JP Morgan, BAML and Goldman. I have friends working in US banks. They told me they were getting 1 month bonus in US banks. Their total compensation was 25%-30% lower than me even though we were about same age.

You can choose not to believe. I also dun believe it myself when I was working in foreign banks. See how my pay revise upwards so fast and bonus nearing 6 months. As an outsider, I dun believe too. But is a true story. Anyway I am very happy of this year bonus. Hopefully everyone in local banks will be happier this year.
once you go local, forget about career progression. my advice is to start at US bank and climb to director level then retire at local bank shake leg every day