Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wah got this kind of rubbish?
I lead the team for subject new syllabus. I lead a new initiative in the school (small but well it is something the school likes)
I did school events even thought I’m a 3
Like that and still want to continue test me means testing my patience already. My effort can easily sell to vendors and be freelancer also earn more than doing admin now.

Maybe that’s why so many people 7-8 years still a 3.
Perhaps I’m just very unlucky compared to my peers of the same batch.
It's not about how many things you do. Everyone's work review is full of various things they did or led. For syllabus, with mass rolling out of new syllabus, every team is working on the syllabus for their subjects, levels and streams.

The way appraisal is done is to compare between people of the same paygrade, and see who stands out. If everyone is doing the same (need to compare with people of same paygrade in other depts too), then no one is standing out.

To achieve high impact factor, you need to be highly visible and visibly impact cohorts of students or the whole school. Also, it needs to come from your own initiative, rather than simply carrying on something handed down to you.

One way is to organise an event, a competition, at the school level, or better, at the cluster level. Let the whole school know you, or create something that your P can boast about to parents and to the other cluster Ps. But be prepared to continue with the project you initiated and brace for unhappy colleagues who have to inherit your work.

Sad to say, to do so, there's some level of wayang to be done. Need to do so, so that your boss can propose to raise your CEP without objections from the rest of the management.

Take a look at the stories of the OYEA and PAT to get a rough idea of what you need to do to stand out.