Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Feeling helpless, need advice...
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Since young, I get nervous very often and very easily. I didn’t know it’s social anxiety until quite recently.

I would panic when we have to do self-introduction in group setting. My heart literally thumps so hard and loud when it’s getting to be my turn that I was worried others could hear it.

I get anxious and nervous even when ordering food because I have this great fear of rejection.

I went through A level, diploma and degree programmes and all these required frequent presentations. I got stomachache before every presentation because I was always stressed and nervous. It could be as frequent as 7 presentations in a month.

And my social anxiety continues until today.

Like what some have mentioned, presentations are a must in most jobs. So I just grit my teeth and go through it whenever I have to do it.

I knew I get nervous easily but I didn’t know this is social anxiety.

Age is your advantage but you must seize the day and try to upgrade yourself. You can only get a $4k-$5k job if you have a degree. Work towards a diploma. Tell yourself that this is what you must go through if you want that pay. The discomfort is temporary but the qualification is permanent.

Hope you have taken steps to work towards what you want.